No More Tax Funds from Israel to PA
Israel National News
Israel will be withholding tax funds destined for the Palestinian Authority following the UN vote last week. The PA’s status as a de facto “sovereign state” not only calls into question the legal basis of returning those tax funds, it calls into question the entire legal nature of the relationship between Israel and the PA. To wit:
It [the UN declaration] also circumvented the mandate for final status negotiations with Israel as required by the internationally-recognized Oslo Accords signed by the PA and Israel in the 1990s. By abrogating that agreement, there now exists a legal question as to whether or not the entire document is null and void – including the Paris Protocols, the section delineating economic agreements between Israel and the PA.
Somebody in the PA either didn’t think this through, or didn’t care. Perhaps because they believe this is the beginning of the end for Israel. It is nothing of the kind, of course, but this wouldn’t be the first time the Palestinians have miscalculated badly, would it?
- Mideast Expert: PA’s Turn to UN Violates Oslo Accords (israelnationalnews.com)
- Israel May Declare Oslo Dead and Buried (israelnationalnews.com)
- Jerusalem threatens to cancel Oslo Accords if Palestinians go ahead with UN statehood bid (timesofisrael.com)
- UN Palestine Resolution Killed Oslo (jewishpress.com)
- PA radio broadcasts song glorifying suicide attacks (timesofisrael.com)
Leave a Reply